YOUR ONE CHANCE THIS YEAR TO TAKE THIS LIFE-CHANGING
WORKSHOP IS ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20 IN LAS VEGAS!
Have you ever thought of a great idea for a movie?
In one information-packed day, learn from a Hollywood insider
how to write a powerful saleable screenplay!
If you’ve ever had a great idea for a movie but didn’t know where to start, what format to use, and how to sell it for big money once you’ve written it, this workshop is for you!
Meet your screenwriting mentor
Jurgen Wolff has written more than 100 episodes of TV, a feature film starring Kelsey Grammer (from “Frasier”), the mini-series “Midnight Man,” starring Rob Lowe, many TV movies, and been a script doctor on feature film scripts starring Kim Cattrall, Michael Caine, Eddie Murphy and many others. Now he’s ready to share his screen writing secrets with you.
What you’ll discover
Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn in this intensive, hands-on one-day workshop:
- Why using the three-act structure, the hero’s journey or any of the other formulas and templates you’ve heard about can poison your chances of writing a script that will sell
- How to create great three-dimensional characters that come alive on the page as well as on the screen
- How to create roles that actors and actresses will beg to play
- How to structure your story so readers can’t put down your script
- The secrets of creating an opening scene that puts your script ahead of 99% of the competition
- How to make sure your story doesn’t suffer from the typical “second act slump”
- How to create a subplot that works with—not against—your main plot
- How to write compelling dialogue
- What subtext is, why it’s important, and how to achieve it
- How to write rich descriptions concisely—and in a way that won’t annoy the director (he’ll be doing things your way without knowing why)
- What format mistakes brand you as an amateur—and how to avoid them
- How to get an agent to represent your screenplay when its done
- How to get your screenplay to independent producers
- How to protect your material so you don’t get ripped off
- What to beware of in options and contracts
- How to market yourself as a writer (special guest presentation from top marketing expert and the host for the day, Fred Gleeck)
The unique method that makes it easy
Jurgen has developed a unique right-brain method that makes writing a screenplay easy.
He says, “Using my techniques, you discover characters rather than inventing them. Top actors have used these secrets for years, but most writers aren’t even aware of them.”
Similar tools help you explore the story and figure out what structure will work best before you ever start writing one word.
With these in place, the blank page is no longer scary—in fact, by the end of the day you’ll be raring to start writing your screenplay.
You can come with just the start of an idea or an outline or even a screenplay that you know needs to be improved. There will be chances to ask Jurgen about specific concerns you have about making your story and your screenplay as powerful and saleable as possible.
You’ll also take home a folder of back-up material—it will contain a summary of all the key points, sample screenplay pages, transcripts of revealing interviews Jurgen has done with some of the top screenwriters in Hollywood, and more. You can refer to this again and again as you write more screenplays.
Because we are filming the entire day, we are offering a huge discount from the normal price of this workshop in exchange for your OK for filming (but we will not include any confidential material in the final DVD, so your story idea will not be revealed). The normal price for this workshop is $350, but for this special occasion we are reducing that to $175 per person.
If you compare $175 to the amount that writers get paid for scripts, you’ll see what a tiny investment this is. Even for a low budget production the script fee typically is $50,000, and for studio pictures it goes into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Is this course right for you?
If you are ready to stop just thinking about writing a screenplay and learn how to do it from a man who has been a successful screenwriter for 25 years and teaches screenwriting internationally, then yes, this course is right for you.
Because of the filming set-up, we have to strictly limit the numbers of participants, so if you are interested, let us know now that you will be joining us in Hendersion, Las Vegas on Saturday, November 20, 2010—writing your script may bring you a big jackpot of a different kind!